2012年4月21日星期六

Bolivia - 波利維亞,太陽島

Bolivia - 波利維亞,太陽島

Dear all

I am already in the highest capital city, La Paz in Bolivia.  The sea level is much higher than b4,  so I didn´t move too much today!  I heard that when one of the bus passed by the death road, the bus fell down, and 20 people in the bus died!  Therefore, I was lucky that I did not take the bus earlier, otherwise, I might be one of them died in Death Road! 

Yesterday, when I was waiting the taxi to bus station, one of the traveler´s backpack got stolen by only 10 second.  I don´t see anyone closed by!  I don´t know how it happened.  That traveler lost all money and passport! 


Yesterday, I took the long bus to Bolivia border.


I got the visa, so I could enter into Bolivia, but it cost $135USD.  All they care about was the $135USd was new money!  They don´t accept old money!  Boliva and USA do not have good relationship, so only I needed to pay the visa fee... I can´t lose my passport in Bolivia... if I lose my possport.. I will be in deep trouble..



The border city also share the Lake Titicaca.  It is another half on Bolivia side.



I join the boat ride to Isla of Sol - Sun Island



I met a Korean guy in the bus when we were going to Bolivia.  His name is Juno Lee.  He was going to take the bus to La Paz at 6:30pm.  He still had alot of time, so I invited him to join the boat tour to Sun Island togeher.  He was so strong.  He told me that he just join a 5 days walking tour to the city of Sky.  2 people gave up the walking tour on the first day.  It was great that he could finish!

Remember!  This is not a sea... This is a lake..  The level is high!

We needed to walk up to the mountain.  The Korean guy, Juno walked so quick...  The sea level is high, so I scare to walk fast!  it was still very difficult for me!


I was able to go back on time!  Therefore, I finished another mission!




Juno will take 6 months to travel to S.America.  Then he will travel to Africa.  He told me that when Korean young people travel, they would only stay in very cheap hostal (could be 10-20 people in a room) and eat very cheap food.  They all know where to stay, so he will meet other Korean people in same hostal.  Actually, it was kind of scare that he took water from the toilet, and he drinks those water from bathroom to save money!    I think it would be difficult for me to travel the way like Korean.  He told me that he ate very expensive lunch  the afternoon (20BS),  so he felt very bad...  Then, I took him to the resturant that I had lunch.  It cost only 10BS.  He was very happy to save 10BS.  After dinner, he needed to take the bus to La Paz, and keep going for his long trip!  We said goodbye!  We met only for half day, but I was kind of feel bad about his leaving!  Too bad that I already book the room and brought the bus ticket the fallowing day in this border town, otherwise, I would go to take the 6:30pm bus to La Paz with him.  Maybe, I would go to stay in a cheap hostal dorm room with him and other 19 Korean guys in a same room for a very cheap price!  We exchanged email. 

Church looks different in this border town!


Many different kinds of Popcorn are sellling in market in Bolivia!  Actually, it is the most poor country in S.America.  Travelers always tell me to be careful!  It is kind of dangous in this country!  I still feel bad about that traveler´s backpack got stolen for 10 second!   I still remember when we were waiting taxi to pick up, she was happy to say ¨´Bolivia..Bolivia.. Bolivia...´  but after everything got stolen..She could not go... it is so sad!  I  do not know here, but I feel bad that I could not help at all... I couldn´t even see how it got happened by only 10 second...  She lost everything!


in the bus ride from bolder town of Bolivia to La Paz..

Can you see the ¨ice-mountain´at the back?   it was in the bus




I am finding the way to ´¨Mirror of Sky´...  Many HK people are dream to go there!  because it is very long and difficult trip to go there... It will be a most difficult part for me...

Thanks all of you!  Thanks for your message and support! 

沒有留言:

發佈留言